A fine example of the Civil War M1863 Sharps percussion carbine arsenal converted to .50-70 circa 1867. This weapon originally had a patchbox, which was removed when the weapon was altered to cartridge. The correct inspector cartouche for the conversion is located in the center left buttstock as it should be. The stock also has the original Civil War era cartouche located above the saddle ring bar as shown. Overall, this weapon grades to near Fine with generous color–with a totally honest, unmolested age patina. This is one of the more popular Civil War type weapons to shoot as cartridges are available from several sources. All other related markings in the metal are sharp and clear.