Original WW2 Nazi German Infantry Assault badge. This award was designed by the C.E. Junker company from Berlin, a well known maker of combat badges during the Third Reich era. The award was instituted by order of Von Brauchitsch June 1st 1940, issued to reward troops who participated in combat activities involving motorized vehicles. The Infantry Assault Badge was issued ONLY to members of the armed forces for direct participation in battles. This item was brought back home by a US GI from Europe in 1944.